Safety & Equipment Coordinator
The Safety & Equipment Coordinator is an on-site role focused on growing and maintaining our values of safety and comfort in our manufacturing processes. As an integral part of the Manufacturing team, the Safety & Equipment Coordinator leads the design, management, and implementation of a comprehensive Health & Safety program. If you’re excited to keep our team both safe and comfortable while playing a huge part in bringing excitement and wonder to kids all over the country - we encourage you to apply today!
What is Nugget?
We are a fun-loving startup company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of about 80 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina. And we’re just getting started — this year, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
- Create, support and implement strategies to establish and improve safety compliance.
- Evaluate equipment and processes on an ongoing basis to identify and address opportunities to maximize safety and comfort for team members.
- Partner with team members from manufacturing, engineering, and other respective teams to implement necessary equipment and process improvements.
- Develop and implement safety training and applicable materials for team members in proper safety procedures, safe work practices and policies.
- Administer, monitor and audit safety and health programs to ensure OSHA compliance.
- Complete annual review on each program. Assists with injury/illness prevention and correction.
- Monitor and review accident investigation reports and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current applicable federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Complete and manage all required regulatory and company reporting documentation.
- Maintain records of Production and Manufacturing team equipment certifications.
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
An ideal candidate will:
- Have technical degree in related field and/or 3+ years' relevant experience
- Have OSHA 30-hour certification preferred or willing to obtain.
- Have experience developing and implementing safety training, processes, and procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent problem solving and analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Have ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment; flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving company.
- Have strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and influence others; promotes a positive work environment.
- Have experience working with and/or knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
- Maintain a professional, friendly relationship with co-workers.
- A curious mind, always willing to learn and grow their imagination.
- Regularly uses hands and fingers to operate objects, tools or controls. Frequently required to stand, talk and hear for long periods of time.
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the day with walking, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical insurance: Gold plan covered at 100% for employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Free Nugget, Employee Discount
- Fun, lively environment
- PTO and paid holidays
Nugget is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Nugget policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Job Type: Salaried, Full-time
Location: Butner, North Carolina
Base Salary: $50,000-$65,000