Social Media Manager
Please read first! For your application to be considered, please make a TikTok with one of the following prompts: a) introducing yourself OR b) introduce Nugget (the brand and/or the couch) in a way that you think would be successful on the Tik Tok platform.
Feel free to make it as *you* as you'd like it to be—don't worry about being "professional"—just send through something that shows us how you use the app and give us a sense of your personality. Note: You can make this from a totally new TikTok account or it can be generated from your personal TikTok account, whatever you feel comfortable with. We know TikTok is a newer platform so we aren’t looking at your TikTok profile for social prowess. Please email your introductory TikTok to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Social Media Manager - [Your Name]" in the subject line. Thanks so much!
Nugget, a part toy part furniture brand, is looking for an experienced, proactive, creative and highly organized Social Media Manager to manage content and engagement on all social media channels. This role will be responsible for the creation and optimization of social media and digital content that connects with our audiences and moves the brand forward. This role combines a passion for photo + video, growing imaginations, child development, community building, social media and a strong understanding of social trends, behaviors, and how they can be translated into engaging, eye catching content, exemplifying our brand values.
What is Nugget? We are a fun-loving startup company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of about 80 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina. And we’re just getting started — this year, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
- Build and own the brand’s social media strategy, including content calendar, channel growth activities, and community engagement based on the company’s product and marketing priorities as well as broader cultural trends
- Create platform-specific content for Instagram first and foremost, as well as Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter and LinkedIn as part of a monthly/year-long content calendars that support overarching channel strategies.
- Produce eye-catching Instagram Story content blending video, photo, new effects, etc., ensuring constantly increasing engagement and CTR.
- In collaboration with the CMO and Content Manager, write compelling, short form copy & publish daily content that builds meaningful & actionable engagement with the brand’s community/potential new and former customers.
- Organize and capture unique content for brand social media channels on an ad hoc basis, including but not limited to product releases and pushes, partner previews, team life and culture, etc)
- Coordinate consistently with the product team to ensure all product messaging is accurate and effective, while consistently exemplifying Nugget values.
- Serve as an indirect extension of the Customer Experience team, both supporting them in quickly getting out important information to the Nugget community and getting ahead of any possible challenges to support a holistic and proactive customer experience.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing and product teams on key seasonal launches and communicating key themes and messaging - translating them for the social audience.
Observe and synthesize customer feedback to contribute to the cross-functional product feedback loop, alongside Customer Experience, eCommerce, Product, and Manufacturing.
- Serve as the social media expert within the company, maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies, channels and tactics.
- Manage post production of all content executed, including image selects and QC for final file delivery.
- Pitch ideas for micro content (takeovers, social-only coverage) and lead the execution of these projects.
- Develop an approach for experimenting, testing and measuring social media features.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with content creators
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects and maintain schedules to meet deadlines.
- Work in a flexible, adaptable, and empathetic way, understanding that each team and individual contributor will have unique work styles, and each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- Uncovers insights and develops actionable recommendations for how to move the brand forward in social media based on performance.
- Design, execute, and share routine social media reporting on key metrics, including growth in followers, engagement, traffic, and revenue.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- At least 2-5 years of experience in marketing, preference would be for those who have experience working directly on social media and digital strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of digital PR and social marketing, with a solid understanding of how to create engaging experiences and articulate them through a multitude of social, digital and mobile channels.
- Strong understanding of social media, trending topics, customer service/engagement and creating community.
- Well-versed in social media and digital technologies, constantly informed on industry developments, including consumer trends and new technologies
- Concept, art direct and execute shoots for daily/evergreen social in an on-going fast paced environment as well as campaign content to support seasonal product launches with a focus and expertise on still photography and retouching.
- Excellent design aesthetic and eye for detail, with the ability to brainstorm creative ways to translate the brand to social.
- Strong understanding of what content types (both written and visual) influence engagement on a variety of social networks.
- Experience managing influencer marketing program, seeding product to content creators.
- Experience with Social/Digital listening and scheduling tools, approaches to measurement/metrics, reporting, etc.
- Have an analytical mind, with a preference towards finding solutions and delivering results.
- Able to assess and anticipate future problems and implement the necessary things to prevent or mitigate problems.
- Assertive and confident, especially when data or instincts suggest that the direction or priorities are off course.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced startup, prioritize and deliver against changing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and aggressive deadlines.
- Detail-oriented multitasker, with strong project management skills and the ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- A self starter able to work independently and part of a team.
- Have a curious mind, always willing to learn and grow their imagination.
- Experienced as a “pleasant collaborator” by their peers, with a positive, “can do” and “no job is too small” attitude.
- Competitive Pay + Companywide Bonus
- Medical Insurance: Gold plan covered at 100% for employees
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Employer Match
- Free Nugget, Employee Discount
- Fun, relaxed environment
- PTO, Holidays (mix of set and floating), and Winter Break
- Pup friendly office! (when we finally get back to the office, that is)
This is a full-time, on-site job in Butner, North Carolina. At our company, all members of our team are “under one roof” - from product assembly, to engineering, to customer experience. It’s important for communication, and culture, that we are in the same place. Currently, due to COVID-19, all Marketing roles are currently working from home, so being able to commute to Butner would not be immediately necessary, but an out-of-town hire for this role would be expected to be able to move to the Durham/Butner area by Q3-Q4 of this year.
Nugget is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Nugget policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Job Type: Salaried, Full-time
Location: Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham, NC)