The Production Associate is an on-site role and integral to our production process. Primary responsibilities include assembling the pieces of a Nugget foam couch, packaging, unloading foam from a truck, quality assurance, and material handling, all in a safe and comfortable environment. If you’re excited to bring imagination and wonder to kids all over the country, we encourage you to apply today!
What is Nugget?
We are a fun-loving startup company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of about 80 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina. And we’re just getting started — this year, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
Job Type: Hourly, Full-time
Location: Butner, North Carolina
Two keys to success in this position are Punctuality & Pace. This is an assembly line job — overall team production is only as strong as the individuals on the line, which means production staff must be back from all breaks and lunches on time and ready for work. Production team members are expected to stay active for the extent of shifts, allowing the team to hit target production numbers by the end of the day.
- Assemble Nugget foam couches using company tools
- Load foam onto conveyors
- Use appropriate material handling equipment (pallet jacks, film roll handlers, etc)
- Load outgoing Nugget boxes into carrier trailers
- Package assembled and compressed Nuggets, verifying accuracy of order
- Adhere to safety, setup and cleanup rules to ensure an organized, effective workspace
- Assist teammates as needed, for line balancing
- Receive freight and materials, and deliver to storage
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
An ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in an assembly/production line, or a demonstrated willingness and ability to work hard, at pace, and with teammates
- Maintain a professional relationship with co-workers
- Adhere to all safety programs
- Provide a good work history that demonstrates: dependability, integrity, attention to detail, and motivation
- Have a curious mind, always willing to learn and grow their imagination.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift 30 pounds over shoulders occasionally
- Ability to walk/stand for a full 8.5 hours/daily
Predicted work schedule:
- (November – December) 7am-4pm, Mon - Fri
- (January - September) 8-4pm, Mon - Fri
- Competitive Pay
- Medical insurance: Gold plan covered at 100% for employees
- Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Free Nugget, Employee Discount
- Fun, lively environment
- PTO and paid holidays
Nugget is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Nugget policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Please send your resume to Soraida Franco at Adecco for screening (firstname.lastname@example.org).