We are a fast-growing startup company (est. 2014) based in Butner, NC that makes four- piece foam couches that blend furniture and toy: bringing bold play and big imaginations into everyday life. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship all in one location, and we’re looking for enthusiastic Production Team members. As a Production Team member at Nugget, you will be an integral part of our production process, which means you’ll have a huge part in bringing excitement and wonder to kids all over the country!
Assembling the pieces of the Nugget foam couch, packaging, unloading foam from a truck, quality assurance, material handling.
Predicted work schedule:
(October – December) 8am-5pm or 7am-4pm, Mon - Fri
(January - September) 8-4pm, Mon - Fri
Anticipated start date:
September 1, 2020
Two keys to success in this position are Punctuality & Pace. This is an assembly line job - overall team production is only as strong as the individuals on the line, which means production staff must be back from all breaks and lunches on time and ready for work. Production team members are expected to stay active for the extent of shifts, allowing the team to hit target production numbers by the end of the day.
- Assemble Nugget foam couches using company tools
- Load foam onto conveyors
- Use appropriate material handling equipment (pallet jacks, film roll handlers, etc)
- Load outgoing Nugget boxes into carrier trailers
- Package assembled and compressed Nuggets, verifying accuracy of order
- Adhere to safety, setup and cleanup rules to ensure an organized, effective workspace
- Assist teammates as needed, for line balancing
- Receive freight and materials, and deliver to storage
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience working in an assembly/production line, or a demonstrated willingness and ability to work hard, at pace, and with teammates
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift 30 pounds over shoulders occasionally
- Ability to walk/stand for a full 8.5 hours/daily
- Maintains a professional relationship with co-workers
- Must adhere to all safety programs
- A good candidate must provide a good work history that demonstrates: dependability, integrity, attention to detail, and motivation
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Free Nugget, Employee Discount
- Fun, lively environment
- PTO and paid holidays
- Opportunity for overtime pay
Nugget is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Nugget policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Job Type: Hourly, Full-time
Location: Butner, North Carolina
Sign up for virtual open house!
If experiencing issues, please call NCWorks at 919-693-2686!